Wednesday, July 20

Hear Me Roar

Yesterday was uninteresting all the way through until my class. It was the last class, and it was very emotional for all of us. Lauren came over afterwards and I introduced her to Renata, Abbey, Mom, Dad and Elena. "This is my crazy friend from my crazy class!" I told them. "I could say the same for you," she retorted. We finished the bag of mint chocolate chip cookies that I'd slipped out after class and sat on my bed and talked about all the people we'd met there and about our lives. Then Elena came and Lauren left and the Blues got cancelled and we headed off to see Rie. We didn't get to see her for very long, though, because of my nazi curfew and the tense situation at my house.

So we sat on my bed, waiting for my parents or hers to insist that she leave, and discussed life and self-confidence in wake of our seperate trips. Basically we decided that it's important to treat yourself as nicely as you can, to tell yourself you deserve it. Even do little things that nobody will notice, like wear nice underwear, or paint your nails even if you're not going anywhere, or wear nice pijamas even if no one's looking. If you can pamper yourself a little, without getting carried away, if you can use material things to your advantage to make yourself feel nice, why refrain? We planned our Wednesday perfectly: thrift shops, lunch in the Village, more thrift shops, Star Wars movies. (Who says girls can't love Star Wars? And I fully intend to perpetuate my belief that Luke is hotter than Han Solo in the original three films. He has that whole "I'm a really cool Jedi" thing going for him, you know?) We made a list of things to do and titled it 'The "Hear Me Roar" Day' and decided to pamper and respect ourselves until our next meeting. I wore a silk slip to bed. Why not? I bought it for five dollars at a thrift shop and I see no reason not to wear it. Why not be beautiful all the time? I got a good night's sleep and woke up just as the sun finished lifting its head. There are no bags under my eyes today, only leftover eyeliner from yesterday, and I like the way it looks. I'm going to go take a shower now and enjoy being myself.

I found this inside a chocolate I bought while I was taking my Columbia class, and I love it. I taped it to my bedroom wall.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And... yeah. Vote, so Elena and I can settle this onceandforall:



Don't ignore yesterday's polls, either! Isn't it awesome?

2 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger Frankie thinks...

I can't believe Han and Luke were 50/50 when I voted. It's ALL about Han Solo. Everyone knows that!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

yeah frankie is totally right, man. luke is icky, you poo. anyways it is 2:51 and i can't sleep and i am BORED. and believe it or not, harry potter is really boring. i read a few pages and i was like BORING. i bet i'll get into it later, its just like, the 1st few pages suck. who cares about the muggles and the wizards and all their government shit. grr. i really didn't give it a chance though. i read like 3 pages. maybe i should go back. whatever. anyways, i would just like to say that yeah, today was cool. i am woman, here me roar. yay for our 2 person feminist revolution. and girls can totally like star wars. i mean like, han is like, really hot, and star wars just totally kicks ass. and we should all be cool and girlish and buy earings and dresses and shit cuz it's fun. and screw all those people who are like "eww, that's too girly, lets all wear baseball hats and be tomboys" cuz girl shit is fun. and it is totally fun to like, be happy. yeah. anyways yeah, thats all i have to say about that. i am soooooooo bored. omgggg. i think i might give hp another try. or maybe star wars. omg yeah i'll watch a movie or something. wow i am way too bored. blah. or maybe i'll memorize my lines. omg you know what i just thought of randomly? way way back many centuries ago, not long after the bible began....ok i won't write the whole thing this time. i think i'm gonna move on to something else to try and cure my insane case of boredom.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?