Wednesday, July 27

wind music

It's 7:23 AM (the timestamp on these posts is severely messed up, and I'm to lazy to fix each one) and I'm fully awake, typing in a Humpty Dumpty tee-shirt I slept in and a pair of jeans. I set my alarm for seven and made myself get up because a woman who I've only baby-sat for twice recommended me to a friend, who wants me to take her kid to camp this morning so she can sleep in. And so, for sweet Elena (that's the woman's name) I let myself get up and pull my pants on even though I knew I'd only gotten two hours of sleep or so.

Yesterday was busy. I dug through bins looking for something I thought I'd seen that Oona might like, ate lunch with H., bought Renata a Dilbert book, wrote an essay, went to "class"--that is, dinner with Lauren, Alan and H. at Sammy's--and read the essay, rented Cry-baby after Harry saw a minute of it on the screen at Emack & Bolio's while buying himself ice cream. It was a great movie. We talked about art and books and Alan for a while and then put it in. Lauren and I couldn't stop grinning and groaning at Johnny Depp, causing H. to roll his eyes, and we ate ice pops from the fridge until I we left and I got home late. Fortunately, my parents weren't awake enough to yell at me or even to notice.

Renata was taking advantage of my parent's oblivion to reread the entire Harry Potter series by blatant lamplight in the living room, pausing every few seconds to pose continuity questions that simply cannot be answered ("if Bellatrix Lestrange is descended from Slytherin, doesn't that mean that Sirius is, too?" "Mmmm.") I read a few pages of War and Peace, thus giving in to the man, and then tossed and turned until a little after five. Now I'm sipping my mom's fresh Mexican coffee and watching the time very closely. I'm going to be late.

Well... yeah. Maybe I'll edit more in later.

0 New Ideas

New Ideas:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?