Tuesday, March 22

I Wanna Call My Baby, But Them Lines Don't Work Down There...

-Jr. Mack (somebody he quoted tonight)

Why is it that while people are nearby you don't miss them at all, but the second you know they're far away you realize just how much you rely on them? I kept wishing I could see Lucas and Matt and LK and Rie and Sharpie and RCP yesterday. Not to mention Harry. I keep thinking of what he would say about something, or how I'm going to recount certain events to him, and then I start to miss him a little, even though I've been trying so hard not to. And it's only been about two days since I saw him. If he were in the city, a mere phone call away, I probably wouldn't feel this way. How strange. (Edit: Actually, maybe I would. Miss him, that is.)

On a positive note, I did see LK today, my OTP-mate, and we hit Terra Blues to see Jr. Mack and the Harmonica Man (whose real name I don't know). I tried to ignore the candle in front of me without getting so lost in the music that I burned myself; it was tricky. The heat didn't help. It was fun, though.

I kept thinking during my SAT course this morning (yes, I am a dork with SAT-nazi parents) about the difference between how people act at Crash Mansion on Sunday night and in class on Monday morning, and about how Rachel might've gotten home, and how Daniela and Jeremy showed up and pretended not to notice me. I didn't care. Daniela's sixteen and already past her peak (Edit: I saw Schuyler Quinn the other day, and she's thirteen and past her peak). I'm young, alive, passionate and almost normal. Accepted, if not with open arms. I have concerts to go to and friends to talk to when I get there, and yes, I have sweaty hair to pull back while somebody-or-other pukes in the bathroom, and a loving boyfriend to miss. More importantly, I have kind feelings in my heart, and I don't spread unhappiness the way that she does, if only because her 'feminine wiles' and way of getting what she wants invoke jealousy.

After Terra, LK and I hung out at my house and then hit Pucci's basement, where we talked to some Scottish dude (who's got an amazing accent and is somehow connected to Maria Fahey and rolls triple-sized joints) and met Will's girlfriend. I was tired and not very conversationally interesting; she, however, threw me a lifeline, starting and continuing petty conversations so that I wouldn't look stupid. (Which I did, but whatever. (Edit: Laura, I'm sorry: I actually do mean 'whatever' here.) I didn't really feel a need to be conversational or interesting, I guess.) She was nice, and much prettier than she appears here (she's the redhead). She's not as great or as beautiful as Oona, but Curley was incredibly lucky to have Oona in the first place, so we can't really expect his next girlfriend to live up to her standard. And as much as I want to dislike her, she's really not a bad person. Anyway, it's not her fault that he asked her out; she's not the first one that's agreed, and I think we all know by now that the man is just simply a fast mover.

Damn. This is getting gossipy. Time to move on.

I need a Prom dress. I feel like I have to look sensational, because I'm two years too young to be at prom anyway; is that odd? I've always felt like I had to prove something about myself in some way or other, and I still do. If anyone knows a place with really nice dresses (new or vintage) that are relatively cheap, please drop me a line! (Or a comment...)

I bought new Converse(s) yesterday. I feel like a traitor.

Three people in the last week have told me that they think they're not very capable of feeling love; one even told me that her inability to do so makes my emotions--and, by association, me--foreign to her. I guess neither of us know where we're coming from any more; if we weren't so close, it'd be quite sad. Am I the only one who has to stop herself from crying when someone plays Hide Your Love Away next to the Lennon memorial in Central Park? Who struggles not to love people? Maybe I'm just going deaf. Maybe I'm just the only one stupid enough not to know how to hide her love away.

But it's such a sad song.

One thing picked me up a bit, though; when I told Sam Freund about it (in a sentence or two), he said, "Well, all you can do about really cool people who are dead is celebrate how they lived instead of mourning how they died." I know that everyone says it, but there's a reason they say it. Hearing those words really cheered me up just then.

Renata's complaining, and my parents are going to get home any minute, so goodnight unto you all...

0 New Ideas

New Ideas:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?