Friday, August 5

heart-shaped box

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I bought this a month ago from a guy on St. Mark's who'd lost the van he was living in and gave the box and four books to me for $5.

It's noon, and all I've done all day is write notes about the story I'm working on, photograph random things with Renata's digital camera and eat two low-fat jello cups. Renata and Alecia went to the Empire State Building, but I stayed behind because I don't really want to waste mom's money and my time on it, and besides, it has too many weird memories for me. I tried to read The Essential Bogosian, bought last week, but I can't shake this reluctance I have to read it. I don't know why. I'm afraid it will be amazing.

Spent yesterday walking around with Elena, shooting photos and trying on makeup, which is unusual for me. I'm actually very good at applying makeup, but I'm far too lazy and naturalistic to wear much of it. We talked about feeling comfortable in stores and about sexuality and high-end brands and about how strange it is that we're friends and dropped into Jamba Juice and I thought of Doug and Trevor.

I've been blogging almost every day over the last month. I was about to blog a second time yesterday when I decided to write a story instead. Whenever I feel guilty about not writing more often, I think about how often I blog and realize that I do write (albeit in bite-sized snippets) with fair regularity.

I bought myself a bowling pin the other day. The woman at the thrift shop, a new volunteer, said "Girl, what the hell do you plan to do with just one bowling pin?" "If you have more, I'd love to see them," I said, but she just laughed and said "no, we don't have any more," and rang up my bill. Travis and Harry teased me about it when we met up with them for lunch, and Alecia decided that Travis is incredibly hot. I ate Travis and Harry's salads while she oggled.

I do this thing after I publish every post where I read the one at the bottom of the page to see what I was thinking a month or so ago. I like about every other post, and generally hate the ones I don't like. Is my blog really that sporadic? I'm always surprised when something happens and I realize that somebody reads my blog who I didn't think would have bothered to.

My mom got me a Princeton Review SAT I and II tutor. There are times when I don't feel like reading, and they frighten me. I'm probably going to see Matt when I get to France. I like 24 in a guilty-pleasure sort of way. I find myself getting really interested in tattoo art. These are the recent oddities of my daily life.

More crap pictures I took in my house:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

the bowling pin!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lauren, this one's for you:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These are Renata's, and they're damn good:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger Julia thinks...

Yay! Pictures from that day. Actually, the yellow and white one was mine, I thought it was funny. I told you I'd tell you when I blogged again, so this is me. Telling you. Um.
-julia

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

YAAAAY VV!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

yo.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?