Thursday, October 20

The Original First Recording of America's Most Exciting Folk Singer

I couldn't think of an appropriate song name, so I looked at the title of the first vinyl I saw. It was a Joan Baez album.

Rachel would laugh. If she still read this.
I think Joan is a goddess.

So I went to my site and realized that the last few posts have all been recaps of my school day and general business. This is partially because I'm grounded this week and thus have no life. It's also because I hate junior year.

Classes are boring. The people with whom I once planned to wear a pink jacket and pose on the hood of a cadillac don't like me and don't even read this. The people I really liked hanging out with dissappeared and I don't know where rest of the people I like hang out. I go to class and draw or read and then get out of class to work. Sometimes I bike around and do errands. Homework just piled up on me tonight, which is fine, because I'm not doing anything anyway, because I'm grounded. I'm making cupcakes for my sister and her friends.

Life isn't bad, though. I find myself relaxing a bit, if only out of boredom. I read a lot and wander around the village (when I'm not grounded).

I spent all my energy writing a killer Letter from the Editor. Unfortunately, it clocked in at 995 words. I usually limit myself to six or seven hundred.

Here I go talking about school again! What I really want to talk about are the tiny moments when everything seems wonderful, when I'm biking down the street with grocery bags over my shoulder and a knit rasta-cap over my hair and my beat-up velvet coat and whistling Elvis riffs. Today a man shouted "Girl, you beautiful... not you, the girl on the bike!" I smiled. I felt beautiful.

Then he got rude, of course ("Come back, yo! Come back, bitch!") and I sped off around the corner, making a graceful arc and leaning inwards to better enjoy it. It's New York, I told myself. Don't expect too much.

Oh, and everyone look at Harry's new sketch blog! He insists on putting his roughest work up first so that he can hold up the appearance of improving for a while. I love it. I love him. But because I'm grounded, I have to wait until Monday to see him. Fucker.

I'm about to knock a really good post off of the page. This post isn't anywhere near as good. I feel kind of lame. Lately my blog has been kind of bad.

I keep getting this refreshing feeling where I remember suddenly that I'm my own person with my own life and choices and everything. It's awesome.

Ooh, and my halloween costume is going to be cool. It's simple but it holds meaning for me, and I like it.

And some photos I took with R so she could give them to her pen pal in Kenya:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm listening to Elizabeth Cotton and it's amazing.



Edit: I burned my fingers on the cookie tray. It doesn't really hurt, though.

Edit much later:

I didn't shower this morning because I was late for detention, so I wore a hat to cover my hair. And Harper's in some of these because she's sleeping over. And she made my MySpace friend her, which I didn't really want to do, but whatever. I've given up on my MySpace anyway.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

...and that's why I wore a hat.

0 New Ideas

New Ideas:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?