Friday, June 24

Another one of them hum-drum days...

My posts are going to be sparser after this, because I'm going to Harry's country house for the weekend and after that I'll be working from morning to nightfall at my Columbia Journalism Workshop. Which should be fun. As soon as that's over I'm going to Texas, so it'll be two weeks until these posts get back to normal. I don't think there's internet where I'm going in Texas, so there won't be any posts from there.

Everyone keeps asking me the same questions, so I'm going to Clear It Up Onceandforall:

What I've been doing:

Recent Concerts:
John Fogherty (a while back)
Ringo Starr
Little Richard

Coming Up:
Robert Plant
Real Big Fish
Steve Winwood (I hope!)
Paul McCartney in September

What I'm Reading:
Lolita by Nabokov
Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy (it's longer than it looks)
The Metamorphoses by Ovid
Future Shock by Alvin Toffler

How My Day (Invariably) Was:
Woke up too early
Took a shower
Wandered
Went to thrift shops
Saw a friend
Played my harmonica
Saw/talked to Harry
Skipped a meal
Got guilt-ed by my parents for not spending time with them
Listened to some music
Went to class/did my homework
Rented/went to a movie
Got yelled at
Went to bed
Read for a few hours
Fell asleep
Woke up at two in the morning
Fell asleep
Woke up at four
Finally fell asleep

Yesterday Laura-the-lovely and I walked from 60th to my house and discussed life and people and everything and finally collapsed onto my bed with glasses of ice-water to discuss music and my room. I went to class and then Harry and Travis came over, which was amusing, because they're a live two-person comedy act. On our way to Ben & Jerry's Harry spotted Jaya being sexy and we all got ice cream (almost all) and met David Tay and went to Batman, except for Jaya, who went home. Ran into Will Curly at the movies and a bunch of his friends who I'd never met. I found a piece of popcorn between my bra cups when I got home.

So I guess it was an okay day.
:D

¥

(^^^That was a typo but it looks cool and I have no idea how to do it again.)

...to New Jersey... and beyond!
Ciao!

2 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger Frankie thinks...

Lolita is without a doubt my absolute favorite book ever. You are so lucky; I wish I could go back and read it again for the first time. Fortunately, it also gets better every time you re-read it.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Jaya thinks...

I love Lolita too, and I'm sure you will. I want to be her...and if that's weird then ok. I loved seeing you. And you are a thousand times sexier than I'll ever be.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?