Saturday, August 6

...drifting in and out of lifetimes unmentionable by name...

I can't help having these bouts of pissyness from time to time, during which I get snappish and easily irritated. My parents don't know what to do with me, because they don't really see me all that often, and when they do I'm seldom in a good mood. It doesn't help that my dad's pretty irritable, too; we don't really get along very well. Which is okay, I guess. I can't complain of my situation. I just get sad about it sometimes.

I feel as though I'm many different people sometimes, and I take turns doing things they would do. Does that sound insane? Sometimes I just want to be alone and sometimes I can't get enough of people. Read the events of the last day and tell me if I don't seem to be living several lives.

Yesterday was great. I woke up late, conspicuously free of my usual baggy eyes and crumpled hair, took a shower, and went to a nearby café to write. They were out of croissants, so I ate a chocolate cupcake and planned the plotline of the story from a narrative perspective. When I started getting cold I moved to Union Square and got in an intense conversation with two gay guys about racism and homophobia in society and how the Bible Belt came to be, and red states and blue states and everything else. I don't know why I love talking to strangers so much. Life is about living, you know? I love seeing people with their own energies and ideals and personalities and exchanging ideas with them. I love making friends with street vendors, store workers, bookshop volunteers, homeless people who play the harmonica, strangers in the park. And why not? I'm careful, and I don't usually walk alone at night anyway. I want to live my life as richly as I can.

After talking to them I decided to go to Barnes & Noble on a whim and spent a while looking at tattoo art books--why am I so fascinated by tattoo art?--and finally wandered over to the shelf of baby-name books. I bought one for $4 and decided that my main character's name is Spooner.

When I got home, Renata and Alecia were preparing a "present" for Harry, who's at his country house. We laughed about it for a while before we went to chinatown with my mom and I ordered jellyfish just for the hell of it. It was delicious, although too spicy for me to really handle. We walked around and bought things: sunglasses for Renata, rocking chair for my cell phone, strawberry gummies, I <3 NY tee-shirt for Alecia.

When I got home, I called Harry and we talked for a while about all sorts of meaningful things. I told him about buying the baby-names book and he groaned. I visit him at work almost every day, since it's so near where I live: "Now all my co-workers are going to think I knocked you up!" I was in a great mood, and I just laughed and kept laughing. I really am lucky. Harry still makes me laugh as much as ever, and loves me even more. I fell asleep content, though a little pissed at Renata and Alecia, who kept me up again.

I got my school schedule this morning. It's actually quite nice, with the exception of the fact that I have chorus four times a week on top of jazz vocal twice. If I drop chorus, I'll be able to take yoga instead of tap and maybe LCD, too, and still have a decent amount of frees. Renata's schedule is stuffed, mostly due to Latin, but advisor is Meghan, which rocks, although I'd already known that because Meghan told me at Prom while she was a little tipsy. "Don't tell anyone I told you, though," she giggled, and I grinned. How can you not love her? I had a dream once that she and Fish got married.

And I love Bob Dylan beyond the nameable or even the rational, because his lyrics understand me and speak to me and teach me to aspire.

3 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger Jaya thinks...

I feel the same way you do about being different people. Some days I can't wait to see people, and others I just want to be left alone to do what I want. And you have to teach me how to talk to strangers, because I know there are a lot of cool people out there, I'm just nervous about how to start the conversations...

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

hey ronnie!
OMFG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ATE JELLYFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i ate it once without knowing what it was... possibley the most disgusting thing i've ever tasted. i'm very scared of jellyfish, so that did not help. please don't take offense, but you are a bad vegetarian! glad you finally decided on a baby name :o)
bisous, a the b
ps. i want sushi, i want to have the approval of the ronnie!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

yoooooooooooooo. yo yo yo yo yo. what up in da hizzouse yo. dude you talk to strangers. i would like to talk to strangers except i don't know which ones are the cool ones or the scary ones like that dude who sits with me in union square and i am just like ewwww go fuck yourself, ass. anyways that was an interesting blog post. yeah, sometimes i do feel like i am different people. i am a totally different person at hm. and around you and around hally and around different people and around my cousin. i don't know who i am...well actually i do. i don't know. whatever. you know me. my reaction to those sort of question is "whatever, i just live" and you know that. we have had these sort of debates countless times. which brings me to the question, why are we friends? dude, we are the craaaziest combination of people. it's like the odd couple. well that didn't mean that couple was really odd, but whatever. we should write a play like the odd couple. actually your play was kind of like that except it wasn't a comedy. actually it wasn't really like the odd couple except in the way that it was about 2 friends. actually 3, if you include the garrett dude. how do you even spell garrett? lol dude, i don't even know how to spell his naaaame. have you even seen the odd couple play, movie or tv show? i am totally just talking to myself. i know why we are friends dude, cuz we are craaaaaaaaazy. omg remember that day when i was like INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE. that was the day you were describing. the sephora/sex talk/h and m/washington square/elephantitis of the mind day!!!!!!!!! omg. that was so painful. not the day, i mean, me being crazy. THAT is an AWESOME example of when i didn't know who i was. i was actually like "oooommmggg, there was definately some sort of hallucinogen or however you spell that in my venti iced coffee. haha, VENTI! OMG remember!!! "noone needs a venti frappuccino, that is just way too much fucking frappuccino." I LOVE THAT GUY AND I AM GOING TO MARRY HIM. and i'm also going to marry that girl who wrote the harry potter thing. yay, i can have a group marriage, woohooooooo. i was just reminded of bram. omg when i think back to my fs days i feel totally different. oooomg i need to shut up now. i feel weird!!!!!!! agh. must get back to being in PA. i feel better now. ok bye byeeeee we are going to chill soooon. oh yeah we are chillin on wednesday. beachday! woot. we have to go back to uncle louis g's as well. isn't it funny that it's actually ralph's except i call it that? where did that come from? i think it used to be called that. oh and STAAAAAAARRR WARRRRRRRSSS OMMMMMMGMGMGMGGMGMGMGOMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGM. I LOOOOOOOOVVVVVE STAR WARS WE HAVE TO SEE THAT. omg i am going back into THE MOOD again!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU SEE YOU CAN SEE IT HAPPENING. ok people who read this are going to be like sheeee is so crazy. omg dude i know you see it happening. i am starting to laugh like a crazy person. seriously i am actually laughing here. ok. aaalajdfdkfjl

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?