Wednesday, November 9

the world will see a new georgie girl

The train of thought mentioned in my last post lead me to the conclusion that there's nothing for me to live for but myself. If I can't affect change, why not make myself and the people I care about happy? I decided to spend the rest of the week being as positive as possible. My free-spirited inner self usually gets buried in snow during the winter, but this time I'm determined to try to be happy even though it's cold and the flowers are all dead. I have my Harry and my friends and a lovely life. I have no reason to be unhappy, or to do things that make me unhappy.

It's remarkably easy. At least, today it was. I enjoyed every minute of Jazz Vocal, the class most indicative of my mood (I love it some days and hate it others) and talked about literature and love with two freshmen who seemed interested and took club photos and biked over to East Village Thrift Shop afterwards and bought myself a shirt and Harry a sweater, even though he's going to resist it. I even took a picture of myself smiling, which I haven't done for a long time now. It looks horrible, which is why I don't usually do it.

Oh, and I saw the greatest Trey Anastasio show last night. It was incredible. I kind of got a second-hand high or something and started feeling dizzy and had to leave before the encore, but the show was great.

I only have two classes tomorrow, Precalc and Bio (and Jazz Vocal, which isn't really a class), but Ms. Daly is making me come in at 1:40 for my conference instead of at 11:30 as previously planned, even though I'd only be missing fifteen minutes of Jazz Vocal which probably wouldn't be life-threatening. She got very pushy about it when I told her Bob had said it would be okay.

I'm going to a book signing tonight, too, because I'm a dork.

Have some pretentious photos! I was feeling pretty, but after this little session with the camera and my bathroom mirror, I felt somewhat less so.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

Hi.Well you dont kow me but you know Alecia your cousin,well I am her best friend and I just thought I would comment and say hi and I hope to me you sometime.

Samantha

3:13 PM  
Blogger Harris Wolf thinks...

I love you v...

even if you *insist* on putting up pictures that aren't always the most flattering in the world. heh...

And yes!

Happy = good.

we're all going to die tomorrow, so we might as well enjoy today.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Sophie thinks...

You are so lucky that you can ride your bike to someplace called East Village Thrift Shop. That has been my fantasy (or at least something along those lines) since I was nine.
Who am I, this strange girl leaving ingratiating comments on your blog? If only I knew, I would love to tell you.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?