Saturday, October 29

and if I should die, bury my body on ol' highway 51

Friday I had a rough day and broke down sobbing in front of Margaux and then in the English office and Diane Moroff held me like a mother and although I felt miserable at the time, the more permenant feelings that emerged were that Blake Sills is evil and pretty much everyone else is just wonderful.

I really like most of our teachers. There are exceptions, of course, but on the whole they're a good lot.

Anyway, I ran out of school last period and subwayed down to Harry's house as fast as I could, backpack loaded with books, tearstreaks on my face, hair rumpled, throat aching, and generally miserable, and as soon as I got out of the elevator I was met with the sweetest, most soothing kiss... I completely forgot to mention the whole miserable incident for hours.

And Elena SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME, though it wasn't her fault at all... just glad everything's okay.

And Renata made pie.

In the end, Friday was an emotional and insane day. One minute I felt choked and stifled and alone, the next I was safe and comfortable and confident; then, out of nowhere, panicked and terrified; then safe again. I fell asleep at two with a last sweet kiss and some pie crumbs on my lips.

Saturday was similar. First I was fighting with my parents, then I was happily shopping for one-dollar antique necklaces (I bought nine) and bike baskets. When I got home, my parents had completely shifted gears and wanted to reach agreements. They negotiated a bit and then let me go see Harry.

Unfortunately, Harry's alarm hadn't gone off. I waited for ten minutes in the cold, shouting into the buzzer and answering machine, before he woke up and let me in. I was so happy to be there that it just seemed funny. We went back to my house, to a software store, and to Pratt, and I left just after seven to catch a party in the city.

It was a costume party, and I didn't want to go in my real costume, so I threw on a stringy dress and some beads and character shoes and called myself a flapper. "You won't think I'm a whore, will you?" I asked Matt. "Of course not," he said. When I got to Chipotle I found Matt, George, Clark and Chloe prepared to ambush me with swords and Mexican cookies and, of course, to insinuate that my costume was really a 1930's whore. We stopped at a costume shop and headed to Dan Katz's, but when we got there we realized that we didn't know anyone, so we went uptown to a different party.

It was lame. There must have been two hundred kids, and every kind of vodka, but I didn't know any of them and wasn't interested in getting smashed or hooking up with people, so I just ended up being bored. I stayed for a bit to talk about webcomics to a guy named Ted but ultimately left and froze for ten minutes in my flapper dress before realizing that no cabs were free on the Saturday before halloween at ten-thirty. I ran into Lottie and had to explain that I had left the party to go home and watch Hitchcock movies with my little sister and Abbey, and later to George, who I met on the subway.

I'm sorry this was a dull post. I promised Harry I'd post about what I'd done since I saw him, so here it is. I saw him four hours ago and I already miss him terribly. Love is wonderful. Except when it's painful.

0 New Ideas

New Ideas:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?