Thursday, January 26

Now everyone thinks I'm clinically depressed, even Matt and Chloe. My bio teacher stopped me after class to tell me about his wife's depression and his sister and etcetera and it was very kind, and make me like him a bit more, but it made me realize that I never specified that I was sort of getting over that hump. I'm not clinical--I've never even seen a shrink! I'm just a little lonely since my friends left. All these people talking about depression are making me feel sad again! I'm fine! I promise!

And I don't think you guys are sexist. You know who you are.




Edit: two of my three fish that I bought last weekend died. The third one started eating them. I couldn't bear to do anything about it and I had nightmares about tiny black-tailed fish eating my flesh. My mom said she'd flush them for me.

Poor fish.

3 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger Frankie thinks...

I know how you feel -- people have ALWAYS insisted I see a shrink, for one reason or another, ever since I was eight years old. (My little brother, anxiety, my parents' divorce, my vagina...you name it.) Not to get all Tom Cruise on their ass, but I believe that shrinks often make the problem worse, and I sincerely believe that psychiatric medication (as in antidepressants) is a conspiracy and a total racket.

Still, though, there's no shame in being clinically depressed, and I don't want you to be in denial about it if you are. Things to consider: Are you sometimes so depressed that it's actually affecting your life? Is it hard for you to go to school, do work, or even get out of bed in the morning? Do you no longer enjoy the things you used to love? THOSE are the signs of clinical depression, and if they apply to you then you should definitely get help. But people often forget that there is such thing as garden-variety angst, and you're totally allowed to suffer from that too.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Sophie thinks...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Lucas thinks...

Re: Whatchoo said
Aw.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?