Thursday, November 17

Blue Danube

I haven't blogged for a while, mainly because I wanted to get your opinions on the glasses (I'll make the final decision after Harry looks at them both). And a lot's happened. And I'm too lazy to put it all in sequence. Gather what you can from my collage.

My evil bio teacher (whose name I won't write because I know everyone googles it) made me get up in front of the whole class with Andrew T. and do a lab for a whole period. Andrew poured liquids into test tubes. I got the fun job of cutting week-old beef liver into parts and putting it in the blender. Then he told Andrew to pour hydrogen peroxide into the test tubes of liver-juice. It foamed up and exploded all over me. Then he made me do it two more times, with the juice and peroxide sliding around inside my broken lab gloves. This was a mere week after I told him I was "squeamish."

I got my revenge by working on a play (I'm finally doing it!) all through the next class and suggesting that his "Conundrum Clues" came from a book heavily endorsed by Disney. Which is probably true.

Ms. Daly made me come in for my conference at 7:30 so I wouldn't have to miss ten minutes of jazz vocal and then told my mom about how I got in-house for riding the elevator. My mom didn't seem to care.

I spent Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons sitting in the light-box and writing while trying to make all of the cues, and getting yelled at by Mike, the evil light-man whose job I apparantly stole. The play opened tonight. Doug yelled at me when I screwed up the first show I'd ever run--and then apologized in the library the next day and told me I'd done it perfectly the second time. The sophomores gave me lollipops. Dennis missed a cue and I hit one too early, and the curtains got stuck halfway through, but it was all right. I get all the details on his ex-girlfriend, personal issues, college and high school experiences, grudge against Doug ("Prima Donna!") and qualms with Jennifer. He mentions Frankie and Shapiro every other minute, as well as every other theater-involved alumni. He's a nice guy, though, and he seems to like me, which makes the play more relaxing and less... pressured. I guess.

I wonder if he's ever read this.

I think I've finally resolved some very deep personal issues that gave me a lot of grief, or come close to resolving them. I'm still not sure what the nature of the thing was in the first place, but it's dying, and I'm glad.

My mom and I went shopping at the Housing Works designer-label event. I bought a lot of expensive stuff, and she bought two chairs, but I got us a 20% discount because I work at UBC, and with the chairs and all it nearly covered the cost of the stuff I'd bought.

I miss my beautiful Lauren Taylor! She called me during Zippoli's class, and he was about to answer it when she hung up. I sort of wish she'd been there to say something funny or witty or cutting and either get him to make a joke and forgive me or stun him into silence.

Adam started complimenting me, seemingly randomly, during a dress-rehearsal. Then I remembered that I'd given him the rest of my milkshake earlier. Karma, or calculation?

I feel weird about eating meat but I feel just as weird abstaining from it. It's a strange conundrum.

I convinced the-bio-teacher-who-shall-not-be-named to let me use a potato instead of a cow liver next class.

And all my photos got taken down until the 26th when I tried to upload the pictures of the glasses. It's annoying but oddly convenient, because now the page loads faster. I guess the internet's trying to teach me self-reliance.

I bought concealer in an effort to hide my zits. It worked pretty well. I felt pretty and elegant and everything all afternoon, and cursed out several oversexed delivery boys in Spanish.

I don't have the energy for this. I'm going to get a Gunter Grass novel and a glass of apple cider and fall asleep reading.

2 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger Harris Wolf thinks...

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Sophie thinks...

Oversexed Spanish speaking boys are so amusing, if irritating.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?