Sunday, November 27

honky-tonk blues

This break:

-Saw a crowd of old friends and acquaintances and generally missed last year
-Saw very little Harry
-Got very sick
-Got well again
-Bought underwear
-Made chocolate cake
-Fought with my dad
-Got dandruff
-Ate French turkey and Mexican side-dishes
-Worked on my play
-Ordered my glasses
-Almost finished the Norton
-Spoke a lot of Spanish
-Discovered the Hell's Kitchen Thrift Market--how had I not known about it?
-Bought two pairs of boots and dollar-bin jewelry and nearly froze
-Made a hat
-Learned to bend to a third note on my broken A-harp
-Spent a day with Elena and decided not to shop anything but thrift shops, even though it means getting sick three times as often, according to an article I read recently
-Had Thai soup with Lauren and then splurged at the thrift market (at $40 in a day it's almost an addiction)
-Decided to see The Squid and the Whale
-Worked on a bike for hours on end. There's steel wool between my toes, grease across my forehead and varnish under my broken nails. It feels sexy.

After all of this, I decided to return to my hippie-grunge roots a little.

Guess what?
I feel happy.
Maybe it's the chocolate cake.

1 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger Harris Wolf thinks...

I love my sexy little grease (and steel wool) monkey!!

I want to see more of you!!

!!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?