Sunday, March 12

Taking last post a step farther, in the shower this morning I realized that what I really dislike and what ties all of the things I said in the last post together is the sense that people don't see the larger picture. I feel like everything is part of a larger spectrum and to fixate on only one thing and ignore its immediate neighbors or, for that matter, the rest of the spectrum, is close-minded and uneducated. It's not an "I can't help it" kind of ignorance, either, because they're often subjected to the same environment as everyone else. It's a lack of observantness, maybe. Or something. I'm not really sure what.

This is why I dislike people who obsess over their cats, or their gymnastics, or ice skating, or skateboard or something. In fact, a lot of my irritation with people stems from a feeling that they don't see the larger picture, which can mean believing that they're the coolest person alive, or that the OC or their chem class is really important.

I say all of this with the knowledge that I'm a hypocrite. I'd still rather say it and risk hypocricy than not mention it. Also, I try to avoid that stuff, even if I'm not always successful.

I got distracted then and opened my eyes and got soap in them. The price we pay for introspection.

3 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

jealous of mischa barton much?

12:40 PM  
Blogger VVM thinks...

...I don't even know who that is.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

in the bigger picture, everything we do in life is meaningless. that's why in the biggest picture you have to let the little things matter.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?