Tuesday, April 18

AAAH I have SO MUCH WORK tonight! I don't know if I'm going to come out of this alive!

We got new editors for the paper. It's really incredible what The Oblivion has become. There are more than thirty people involved, and we're selling ad space and subscriptions next year. Aside from that, it's an important part of several people's lives now. It's definately not my paper any more--if I were to quit, it'd go on without me. But while I'm here I can make it even better. I got called "ms" the other day by an underclassman who was interested in writing for us. It really is a formal organization and that scares me, because I know that it's just me and Jake and Hoops and Donovan, and the fact that it's become a system means that other authoritative systems are just as human.

Congrats to the new editors, if any of them are reading this. I don't even know who reads this any more. Someone who either likes Jerry Lee Lewis a lot or just hates me, Sophie's friends from Suburbland (who also like Jerry Lee Lewis), my sister's friends, my friends in college, a few people from school, a few of Lucas and Clark's band members... I don't even know who else, but there are people. Random people from other countries.

The nice thing about blogs is that they're organic. Whatever you last wrote is swallowed by what you write next, and nobody really ever reads the archives, especially if you write long posts on a regular basis and have had your blog for over a year, as I have. So whatever I write is what it is--and then it's gone and it isn't at all.

I'm falling in love with Seamus Heaney's poetry.
I love talking to strangers.
I feel like I look ten times better when I'm happy.
I miss my Harry.

I really should be starting my English essay.

0 New Ideas

New Ideas:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?