Tuesday, April 11

Forgot to mention that I got accepted at the Ohio Summer Writers' Studio! It's only two weeks long but it's going to be really intense. The only thing they ask you to bring is a notebook and pen. I'm psyched.

In other news, Oona cut her hair, the Maddinglys left (and Zack was right in his last comment: whenever I call anyone bohemian it pretty much means that I'm in love with them), and I kicked ass on my history test last period. Um. Thinking of cutting my hair some time, but maybe next year or over the summer.

Expanding a bit, the Maddinglys fell off of the sofa last night watching Harold & Maude and I gave Douglas my old Tin-Tin books after I saw how much he loved them. The way he reads on the sofa and giggles at unrelated moments during everyone else's conversations is so Harry-ish!

And I'm PMSing again and had to peek up at Harry yesterday and say "hug me!" He knew right away what I felt and held me and restored me and now I'm back up, intact, a little pimpled, ready to handle anything.

I'm sick of talking about colleges!

Yesterday I bought the most beautiful fabric and I can't wait to start working with it. Liner fabric only costs two or three dollars a yard, and it's so pretty and easy to use!

Being busy like this is really, really good for me. I don't like the pressure but I love having something to do all the time, and managing my own affairs, and feeling like I'm ready for my tests and things. It makes me feel awake and alert all the time. It makes me feel like reading (I pretend to myself that I'm studying for AP English) and going to museums (which I do) and talking to strangers (which has gotten me in trouble before, but whatever). So life feels bright again.

Yeah... looking back, I guess it's pretty obvious that I just ate three chocolate mini-muffins during meeting. Maria Fahey caught several of us studying and said "what are you doing? At least have the guts to skip meeting if you need to study!" I love her.

0 New Ideas

New Ideas:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?