Wednesday, March 29

It's incredible how much you can learn from Wikipedia. I thought my head would burst. Did you know that Shakespeare only split one infinitive in all of his printed works? Watched Jailhouse Rock a few minutes ago with my dad, who was fascinated by the infinitive debate. I could live alone in a cave with nothing but Elvis music and movies and be happy for the rest of my life.

I think I made myself pretty clear in my last letter from the editor, but for those of you who didn't read it, I fully endorse personal pride, so long as condescension isn't part of the package. I'm up for criticism. But I'm not conceited. I actually am intelligent, attractive, loving and interesting, even at my young age. And a lot of people I personally think are intellectual and generally awesome seem to agree, because they keep hanging out with me. Yes, I hold high standards for myself, but without aspiration, there would be no high art. And it's conceit to believe that you can judge people by their naked one-in-the-morning daily recaps and cowardice to justify it by leaving your first name.

4 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger Harris Wolf thinks...

so vat have ve learned today?

Ve do not judge dos who are

(a) attractive

(b) confidant

(c) popular

simpvly based on doz things alone!

Goot job claz!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Frankie thinks...

I seriously pity the poor scholar who slogged through the ENTIRE works of Shakespeare, word for word, only to find one split infinitive.

2:49 PM  
Blogger VVM thinks...

It's in the second-to-last line of sonnet 142, by the way. It's a pretty cheap one, too.

Poor scholars. Edmund Spencer and several others that I forgot didn't split any at all.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Lucas thinks...

Jailhouse Rock is an unforgiveably terrible movie saved only by its kitsch value and Elvis's remarkable stage presence/awesomeness, as well as the fact that Scotty Moore and Bill Black play themselves. God, what a shit movie.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?