Monday, February 21

Hurdy Gurdy Man

I haven't updated since last week wednesday-ish, so here goes--the News-in-Brief of my life since then. (Bonus points to whoever gets the title.)

On Thursday, Oona, Alex and Harry came over before the The Music concert. (How awkward was that sentence?) Matt showed up later, and my sister, and we drew in Alex's Happy Book with the billion colored markers he carries around and Renata and Alex jammed and Oona recieved an hour-long massage. It was lovely, the six of us, spanning eigth grade through senior year, all just sitting there and loving each other. We ordered pizza and then went to the concert.

The first band was Morning Wood. They were amazing. The front woman was incredibly sexy. She kept throwing her hair and extremely large breasts everywhere and alternately trying to undress the bassist and the lead guitarist. The drummer got no love, though, which made me sad. Oona and I were openly enraptured. (Alex, Matt and Harry were secretly enraptured, I think.) The guy standing in front of me turned out to be her brother, and when I found out, I screamed, over the noise, "My friend and I have spent the last twenty minutes discussing how sexy she is, and we're straight!" I'm not sure he heard me, though. They had everything miked up really loud.

The second band was Kasabian. Matt bought one of their t-shirts. He bought a large, but it was tiny, and he said he'd give it to me if it didn't fit him. It did, sadly, but it looked nice on him so I didn't really mind. They were amazing, too. I couldn't stop dancing.

By the time The Music came on, I was exhausted from all the dancing and excitement. Oona and I had taken a twenty-minute bathroom break and had to adjust to the sound all over again. It was miked much louder than either of the previous bands, to the extent that it was difficult to really hear the music. (No pun intended.) The bass and the lead kept mingling and I lost track of the lyrics after about ten seconds, and two minutes in Oona turned to me and shouted "Do you want to leave?" I couldn't hear her because of the sound system, so I nodded and smiled and kept dancing. When she asked me again, I figured it must have been something important, so I shouted "Whaaaaat?" and finally got it the third time. It took two songs to relay the idea to everyone else. Matt was a little reluctant to go, but agreed in the end; everyone else was so exhausted that we didn't mind.

Oona and Matt departed en route to my house, but Harry and Alex stopped by to pick up their stuff. Alex left first, at around 11:30; Harry was forced to leave without his kiss when my dad realized that I hadn't done all of my homework. By 1:30 I was done, and headed off to bed. I attempted to collapse and remembered that there were still two guitars, a ukelele and about a billion or so colored markers scattered across my bed. I took it as a sign and turned on my computer to blog the concert out, but when my internet connection broke in the middle of it, I took it as a sign and went to bed.

Friday I made plans to go to Rocky and to Elena's play-- Horace Mann's version of The Tempest. My parents freaked out halfway and told me that I had to be home at 1:30, so I decided not to go to Rocky in hopes of being allowed to go another night. Horace Mann is huge and rich and about a BILLION times fancier than Friends, but our actors are just as good, if not better, and our theater is full at least. We don't have cupcakes at intermission, though, or impressive sets and costumes. They also hired a Professional Actor (the dance teacher's husband) to play Prospero. Half of me was angry at him for upstaging the kids, and the other half was in awe of his talent. Their newspaper made me jealous, too. Grr.

Afterwards, Elena and Harry and I collapsed on my bed until the two of them were thrown out and I resolved to go to sleep.

Saturday I went to see The Gates in Central Park. Initially I didn't like them, but it was so lovely and calm that I couldn't help but think them beautiful. I went with my family and the Benders, and it was all very beautiful. Abbey wrote "I love Ronnie" on my cell phone banner. It turned out that Steve, alias my hippie-english-teacher-friend, used to teach the sexy girl in Morning Wood at Dalton. He said she's insane. They are also, apparantly, the largest contract Columbia has signed for a new band in all of history at four million dollars for their first album. It's kind of insane, really; I mean, they're good, but they're not that good. I'm sure they'll promote the hell (or soul) out of them, too, which will be annoying. Keep an eye open, folks.

Sunday I went shopping and bought all this cool, useless junk, and a t-shirt for Harry, which I think he liked. We watched Red Beard, an Akira Kurosawa movie, and ate ice cream. It was sweet, and pleasant.

I've done nothing today, except see Russ, my dad's friend from Chilton, Wisconsin (although he lives in L.A. now) and write a comic strip for English which is actually kind of dark. And I've got to leave now to meet LK on 14th and 7th. More later.

I plan to blog about Abbey next time, so watch out! She needs a lot of space.

Hey, you guys, guess what???
I love you!!!

6 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger Lucas thinks...

Dude, Red Beard is an awesome movie.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

vivi,
this is my comment:
comment
that was my comment
did you like my comment?
i liked my comment.
here is my comment again:
comment
the end
or is it?
love,
-comment

p.s. comment

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

nice entry, glad you had a nice time!
looking forward to that next entry, teehee
8^)
can't wait for the concert!!!!!
*AbBeY*

2:22 PM  
Blogger Rena san thinks...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Harris Wolf thinks...

*Grin* Yeah... veronica does have a very comfortable bed... hohoho...

But yeah! I actually really liked the two opening bands that we saw! (And matt... I actually didn't find the last one too bad either... good taste!)

Aaalso... Yes! I looved the shirt! It has asian writing on it! It has crazy patterns! It is 100% cotton!

Much love towards that shirt!

(Also... Veronica actually made a pretty damn cool comic. psst... she's a really big nerd at heart... haha...)

Much shirt loving love - Bogo-San

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

You liked the gates? I can't say that I did. They look better from a distance than up close...but Chloe and I did run into Laura K. there (completely randomly), which was cool.

--Zack

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?