Wednesday, February 2

Oh Darling

Today I stressed out during school about my English paper that I'd turned in the week before and about the upcoming History paper and Chem and Spanish tests. I was so irritable that I called Bogo-San a chauvanist when he took me out to eat, bought me a cup of ice-cream and left his brother alone to help me work on my essay. It's so ridiculous I want to laugh and cry when I write it. After I calmed down a bit I apologized profusely and he forgave me instantly, because he is wonderful and for some strange reason loves me. It felt amazing.

One thing that saved me today was my English paper. I was a bit worried that Camille would hate it, because I wrote my essay about Othello (the character) when she specifically told me to write about Roderigo and Cassio (who are dull), and because I tried to include everything in the play when she told me not to and made it eleven pages at 1.5 instead of the suggested six at 2.0. When I got it back, however, there was a big fat A! on the cover. I felt like kissing Camille's overtly effeminate handwriting right off the page. "Wow, V.V.! What a tour de force! This is a very ambitious, brilliant & imaginative reading of Othello. I really like how much you include, how many angles you anayze. Your anaysis is very mature!" The pages were littered with great!s, good points, very smarts and yes!ses.

I'm only quoting.
Ok, I'm being a tad obnoxious. I can't help it. I'm proud of myself.

To add to my already jubilant mood, I figured out what the Industrial Revolution (and consequently my essay) was about, my sister made fun of me (a lot), B.S. made a bunch of little drawings that I taped to my ceiling, and my dad brought me a huge chocolate-chip cookie from Lafayette Bakery for no reason. (Actually, I think it had something to do with my essay, but whatever...)

I also read Travis and Frankie's blogs, in which they appraised Julia Dratel, a long-time favorite of mine who somehow manages not to think the less of me when I answer the phone oddly ("Well, Renata's technically here... but a big ugly black hole just opened in the middle of the piano, and I'm afraid she's lost."), sing showtunes at the top of my lungs when I take them (her and my sister) to lunch during the summer and generally cause people to give us all odd looks. I can't help it--she makes me feel very relaxed. Sweet thing.

But on to the true subject of my semi-daily stream of consciousness: Oona.

My darling Oona requested that I (as in threatened me with death and rape if I failed to) blog about her, and I must say I'm happy to oblige.

I am usually intimidated by people who I percieve as cooler than me, or hostile towards me, a tendancy that ran particularly rampant in me at the beginning of my Freshman year, when all my best friends from childhood had just abandoned me for other schools and I knew nobody. Having missed Powell House didn't help, either. Anyway, I was terrified of Oona and the distant philosophical look she occasionally gave me that made me feel as if she could see exactly what I was and didn't really mind how I reciprocated her judgements. Somehow this year I managed to overcome my insecurities and take a peek at the woman behind the curtain, and what I found there was truly amazing. She is, after all, a lot like me. And yet my polar opposite at times. Jack2 asked me to describe her once (because he didn't know who she was), and I told him that she was essentially meditative but wild, funny and coy, a free spirit burdened with societal restraints. I think he was confused by my description, because when he met her he proclaimed to me, "V.V., I met Oona last night, and she's not shy at all... what were you talking about?" I in turn then became confused, because I realized that there is simply no way to describe Oona. Once, we ended up in First Aid together, and spent the whole time looking away from the gory images on the screen and discussing what good kissers we were (because the sexless manequins inflated every time we touched them). "We're too good, V.V. Our talents are going to waste," she declared. "Too good for anyone but each other," I agreed. Wicked (but tired, because it was early) grins. We spent the four hours afterwards philosophising in the meeting house and various cheap cafes. Later, she and Will introduced me to MacGyver, for which I am eternally grateful, and Will's mother recognized me as the shy fifth-grader who sat in the corner with Oscar Wilde plays, which was a little embarrassing. (Footnote: I think Oona still has my gloves, but I'm not sure. She can keep them, if she forgives me for my comment earlier about the size of her butt...) One sweet testimonial from Oona makes my week. I love you, darling. Hope this post makes you happy.

8 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

this oona needs a blog alias. oonette, oonatolia, oons or cornelius will suffice. i expected a 6-page blog written in spanish haiku, but in your lazy-ass mexican ways you refused to oblige. thanks for being my minion ANYWAY veronica (rhymes with harmonica). p.s. have i mentioned that you are stacked?

-cornelius

8:37 PM  
Blogger Harris Wolf thinks...

*Grin* veronica... haha... you really wonder why I love you? You're crazy... I think the better thing to wonder would by how anyone could *not* love you. And I do love you...

hehe... and am willing to show my deep affections for you at any time... anywhere...

Oh yeah Oona... Veronica really is teh hawt isn't she?
I'd go out with her.
*Grin*

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

hey dude. this really isn't about the blog entry. i'm just doing my usual blog hello. i'll have you know that it is twelves something a.m. and i am taking precious time away from my math homework (oh how i long to do my math homework, lol not really) to read the past three blog entries of yours that i have not had time to read this week since i was in sunny florida. and here i go with my usual "omg dude, remember when" part of my blog comment. omg dude remember in igby goes down: "yeah, i'm going to californnia, the sunshine state" "igby, that's florida" 'whatever, it's three thousand fucking miles away from here." dude i am way too much like that...like when i was in florida i was like "oooomg i must go to stanford because it is warm and sunny and i can maintain my natural high there...cuz like, when it is warm i am just happy. DAMN YOU seasonal affective disorder...another one of those made up disorders like ADD which i am quite confident that i have. anyways oh u know whats sad. i mean, i know i say this like, every day, but like, today i went to the middle school play, (is't it funny that i went to see the first play today cuz of colin and then i'm going to see the second play tommarow cuz of renata?) and i was looking around the meeting house and it was like damn, i miss friends, man. and in ur blog u said something about ur childhood friends abandoning u...i am sorry...i really shouldn't have ran away from friends. goddamn nell and hally and all those mean people who were like "uh, leaving's cool...hhehheee" why did i follow them. GGRRRRR bad decisions, regrets, etc. life is full of them. it is insane. dude i just realized that like, the comment thingy on ur blog is like, my blog. i basically tell u all my random shit at like, one a.m. which is a time when i am in my most like, depressive and pensive ish moods. and like, if i called u then ur parents would like, have me burned at the stake or something, so i leave comments that are insanely long on ur blog. as u say i should just get a blog. oh welll, toooo lazy. anyways i am going to go now ad begin my wonderous math homework. here ends my comment. i shall probably see u tommarow. omg IT SHALL BE FRIDAY THANK YOU JESUS. yay. dude. see u soon. (or as we say in yombusk land, see you sune)

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

hey dude. this really isn't about the blog entry. i'm just doing my usual blog hello. i'll have you know that it is twelves something a.m. and i am taking precious time away from my math homework (oh how i long to do my math homework, lol not really) to read the past three blog entries of yours that i have not had time to read this week since i was in sunny florida. and here i go with my usual "omg dude, remember when" part of my blog comment. omg dude remember in igby goes down: "yeah, i'm going to californnia, the sunshine state" "igby, that's florida" 'whatever, it's three thousand fucking miles away from here." dude i am way too much like that...like when i was in florida i was like "oooomg i must go to stanford because it is warm and sunny and i can maintain my natural high there...cuz like, when it is warm i am just happy. DAMN YOU seasonal affective disorder...another one of those made up disorders like ADD which i am quite confident that i have. anyways oh u know whats sad. i mean, i know i say this like, every day, but like, today i went to the middle school play, (is't it funny that i went to see the first play today cuz of colin and then i'm going to see the second play tommarow cuz of renata?) and i was looking around the meeting house and it was like damn, i miss friends, man. and in ur blog u said something about ur childhood friends abandoning u...i am sorry...i really shouldn't have ran away from friends. goddamn nell and hally and all those mean people who were like "uh, leaving's cool...hhehheee" why did i follow them. GGRRRRR bad decisions, regrets, etc. life is full of them. it is insane. dude i just realized that like, the comment thingy on ur blog is like, my blog. i basically tell u all my random shit at like, one a.m. which is a time when i am in my most like, depressive and pensive ish moods. and like, if i called u then ur parents would like, have me burned at the stake or something, so i leave comments that are insanely long on ur blog. as u say i should just get a blog. oh welll, toooo lazy. anyways i am going to go now ad begin my wonderous math homework. here ends my comment. i shall probably see u tommarow. omg IT SHALL BE FRIDAY THANK YOU JESUS. yay. dude. see u soon. (or as we say in yombusk land, see you sune)

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

GUESS WHAT DUDE. after i posted my last comment like five minutes ago, i ACTUALLY took the link that said YOUR LIVEJOURNAL AND I POSTED SOMETHING IN HONOR OF YOU!!! so go read it because it totally rocks. have fun. and enjoy the moment, yo. bask in the great wonderfulness that is my live journal, because i might not post there again until like, april or something. so get it while it lasts...my oh so wonderous livejournal. u will read it and be amazed. ok i'm really gonna stop now with this amazement stuff cuz it's like, becoming weird and it's not amazing at all. see u later.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

I geuss time periods are like geography to you...you're adrift in them... Your world must be very different from mine...I'm surprised that the when and where of it all don't get mixed to gether in your head...or maybe they do...

--Zack

12:05 PM  
Blogger Sharpie thinks...

So, I kpet meaning to ask, but can I see this amazing English paper? I love Othello.

3:33 PM  
Blogger VVM thinks...

coming your way! erm... i'm not sure how to do that... i guess i'll give it to you on monday. it's not all that amazing, just long.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?