Tuesday, September 6

Stick your head in the sand, little girl

If I had an apartment, I know exactly what it would look like. It would probably be pretty small and everything, because I'd be in college or whatever, and if it had a wood floor, I'd lay it bare. I'd leave all my shoes and coats by the door and be barefoot all the time. There would be random objects all over the place--oil lamps, metronomes, bronze crabs, tiny statues of tiny people. The walls would be covered in photos and posters and scraps of paper representing everything from Star Wars to Bob Dylan to George Orwell. I'd buy beautiful old furniture and drape it in patterned cloth, and if there was a fire escape, I'd put an armchair on it. There would be a bookshelf from ceiling to floor and if I were allowed, I'd paint the walls different colors. At least one would be black. None of the silverware or plates or glasses would match. If it got cold, I'd lay Mexican blankets on the floor and sleep under a quilt. I'd walk around naked if I felt like it. I'd play music all the time and invite my friends up at all hours and dance when I felt like it and sing when I felt like it and eat what I felt like eating and sleep when I felt like it, and I would never, never watch the news.

0 New Ideas

New Ideas:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?