Tuesday, December 6

barabajagal

Okay, Harry, you win. I'm officially sexy, I posted twice today AND I made a webcomic reference to a stranger while trying to get your bike's tires replaced. And I advocated the de-pedestalization of art in meeting, something I vehemently denied when I met him.

I was just walking down the street with his bike, on my way to the strand to get a book signed when I saw a guy walking down the street with his jacket open to expose a White Ninja tee-shirt. He was about to step in a pile of shit. "Watch your kneecaps!" I said. He looked at his shirt, then at the ground and narrowly avoided the shitpile. The he looked up and stared at me and my man-bike and two huge books (The Beatles: A Biography and The LIfe of Bob Dylan) and stared at me, obviously shocked, and said "That's so sexy." "Thanks." I smiled, genuinely happy, and walked away.

The bike shop was closed, and I was late for the signing so the guy had left, but I bought a pre-signed book anyway, and called Harry and told him the whole story and he laughed and sent me an email afterwards ("I miss my V... I think I'll pedestalize her") and I made hot chocolate and heard my sister and my mom's stories about Donovan and how he signed Renata's hand-drum and her pants and my mom's advanced print of his book. And then I called Matt and heard about Lucas's reaction to my garbled speech.

"It's a good thing the bell rang," he allegedly said, "because I was about to get up and say that I saw a movie last weekend and a baby cried and I couldn't hear the dialogue. And it sucked."

I'm happy.

1 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger Harris Wolf thinks...

hehe... and that's why it rocks so much harder.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?