Tuesday, December 13

down them stairs, lose them cares

I'm happy because;

-Tom O'Connor gave me some lenses to try out and possibly buy from him
-I'm getting my eyes checked today, and I'll have glasses by the end of the week
-I have a whole extra bookshelf now to fill up
-We're singing Birdland tonight
-Apparently, there's an English flower called a Veronica Midnight
-I only had three real classes today
-I finished my roll of film at school today
-I found the Buddhist temple I lost last year on Yahoo today
-No mandatory homework until Thursday night
-I get to see my Harry this thursday after almost three weeks of missing him

And I generally just feel pretty and confident and myself. School is boring, but I can be happy anyway, so long as I keep myself busy. The Buddha once said, "Be ye lights unto yourselves; hold fast to the truth as your lantern." I think I'll try it.

Expect developed photos and that last polaroid tomorrow or tonight.



Edited in: it turns out I didn't finish the roll because it's one of my parents' 36-expo's, not one of my 24's, so they might not be up soon. Whatever.

My superintendent and I were in the elevator and it was one of those awkward moments, so he went "Hey, I haven't seen your boyfriend around in a while." I was mildly put off. It was a very personal question, not at all a diplomatic conversation starter; what if we'd broken up horribly? What if he was dead? What if he'd left me for someone else? "He's in college taking finals right now," I said, "but he'll have Christmas break soon, so you'll get to see a lot more of him."

I left with a strange feeling of sadness and excitement.

Then I went to the glasses place and I ran into Rie and was horribly awkward because my thoughts were elsewhere, and because she's always intimidated me, and the doctor was really weird and smelled bad, like those cheap hand-soaps at the Y and lemon lysol and sweat, and I felt a little gross, but I'm going to play music and make cookies and feel better now.

1 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger Harris Wolf thinks...

I actually *am* dead.

BoooOOOoooo!

~lurve

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?