Monday, May 1

So I took Jaya's advice and looked a year into my archives, and it was decidedly me but it was also decidedly outdated. I used to be so social! What happened to me? Harry was at Friends and I was doing Bram's World Fair paper and Camille's poetry stuff and my parents' college preoccupation was absurd and I was young and confused and not all that happy with myself. I didn't care about my grades. I cared what people thought of me. And I was a terrible blogger.

I don't take my blog all that seriously any more. It's like scrap paper to me. I update several times a day and then leave it alone for entire weeks. I've almost completely stopped titling my posts. They're not stories at all. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. I guess I'm becoming more casual about things.



Stress is off the roof. I have my AP English test this Thursday, Spanish SAT II this Saturday, and Harry on Friday. On top of that, my dad's an asshole and my mom's half insane. I accredit my survival to Harry, Seinfeld, Frank McCourt and chocolate fudge sundaes.

The other day my dad was trying to get sentimental about the fact that I'm going to college and he pointed to the picture of me at age 8 in front of a piece of the Berlin Wall and said something along the lines of "I miss the days when you were that small." "I don't," I said. "I'm much happier now." I got a strange sense that he wished I weren't.



I bought an incredibly awsome dark red Members Only jacket with a broken zipper at a thrift market and showed it to Dan Yawitz after the play and he said "it's very you." Is there a better way to indirectly compliment someone?

8 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger Jaya thinks...

It's so weird how much can change! Last year I was constantly posting on how happy I was, and now I'm stressed and insecure and annoying. I mean it's gotten better in the past few days, I think it's just stress. But seriously, wtf?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Harris Wolf thinks...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Harris Wolf thinks...

rollercoaster... of liiiife... rollercoaster... ooo oooo ooo oooo!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

"it's very you" is actually the most common way to respond to something when the clothing is hideous.

2:20 PM  
Blogger VVM thinks...

Yes, but when someone shows you something AWESOME like my jacket and says "it's very you," it's a compliment.

2:23 PM  
Blogger NEO-Kun thinks...

did you fix the zipper like you said you would with your awesome skillz?

4:42 PM  
Blogger Sophie thinks...

Former selves are so excruciating.

One of these days I will send you an actual email, and we will have more than a half-assed correspondence. Although I do enjoy comments, as does everyone.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

well, i think it's important not to dismiss this part of you, either. It's still your past and where you came from...and it's good to look at it and be objective about it, and to see how much you've changed, and how much you still can change. But I'm sure the good bits of you were intact a year ago as well...the past may be excruciating, but it's a relief to have, too.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?