Friday, June 2

Last night I found myself walking barefoot in the rain in a white shirt with no back to Katz's Deli in the arms of the lovely Laura Kilberg, similarly barefoot and clad in white, happily discussing Karen Patwa's store opening and the way the rain felt soft on our hair and what we meant to order and trying to remember if we'd had tetanus shots. I had a hot dog and potato latkes in the end and Frankie and LK had egg creams and sandwiches and Shapiro had soup and latkes and it was so simple and lovely, all of us eating overpriced food, writhing in our damp pants (except Frankie, who was wearing a dress) and soaked and starved and happy.

I'm definately working for Karen Patwa this summer. I don't know if I'm supposed to call her Karen or Ms. Patwa now. It seems trivial. Either way it's going to be awesome. How cool that at Friends our physics teachers go on to become punk-rock designers with suitably sexy foreign husbands and downtown hipster-neighborhood storefronts. I can spend my summer learning how to make clothes! The city is so rich.

Somehow I find myself with to-do lists that are even longer now that school is out than they were when it was in session. The main difference is that they're things I'll enjoy doing: "return Revenge of the Nerds, finish buying Iowa books, pack bags for NJ, finish Seinfeld DVD and return, review literary terms, call Darren about yearbook." Not exactly homework.

In other news, I'm officially what Harry calls a "Senior lite."

I still have no idea what to get my sister for her birthday.

0 New Ideas

New Ideas:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?