Wednesday, May 10

I've become so insanely dependent on my notebook that I pull it out in silent meeting, during jazz concerts at school, while I'm walking down the street, in the bathrooms of restaurants if they're classy or at the table if they're not, and all day during class. I write in bite-sized one- or two-line phrases but when I reread a whole page I feel like there's enough material for a novel.

I came to realize that it's much nicer than blogging becuase I can say exactly what I mean, use people's names, and talk about secrets that I would happily tell my friends but wouldn't want my teachers to find out, for instance. Or things I've only told a few people, or have never told anybody. I'm a slightly secretive person by nature.

On the other hand, I can be petty or talk about politics on my blog, which I never do on paper. It's more journal-like and less introspective.

I've really become an addict, though. I don't turn around when I've forgotten my keys but I run back upstairs if I don't have a notebook and a pen (or at least a pen and a napkin or piece of scrap paper).

Randomly, um, the jazz concert was awesome. More about it later. Alida Borgna is beautiful. Dan Yawitz can brighten anyone's day. DaSilva is a sex machine and Justin is the kindest person on the face of this earth. Ali Singer has a soft side and Sarah is one huge walking soft side. And I'm really looking forward to Jazz Vocal next year.

0 New Ideas

New Ideas:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?