Tuesday, May 2

The last two weeks have been increasingly political for me, culminating in all-out verbal brawls in three classes today and debate and discussion over lunch and in Jazz Vocal. The wierd part is that I didn't mean to get into debates at all. I'd just say "I think that what this passage refers to is Gatsby's conception of God, not Nick's," and I'd have Sarah and Sophie V. screaming at me (although Trevor came up to me in the library to say that "I was behind you the whole way in English this morning"). Someone said something in meeting about the lack of passion of protestors at the Save Darfur march last weekend and I made a comment to the effect that protests were no longer useful because the government no longer feared public opinion. My entire history class attacked me. Then Tim and Dan Yawitz came to my defense in Jazz Vocal. Then I had lunch with a bunch of local quasi-politicos and talked about the link between evolution and intelligence, which quickly degenerated into a debate over what intelligence actually is. And Maria and I debated subtle points of poetry as I prepared for the AP.

Thinking makes me happy.

0 New Ideas

New Ideas:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?