Sunday, May 7

Whoever signed me up for an "italk2much.com" review got what was coming to them. They wrote that "She’s 16. And she’s got smarts. And she writes unbelievably well." They read my retaliative post before Harry talked me into taking it down and liked it. I know they're right when they say that I need to "lighten the fuck up," but it's hard when I have so much work that I only get to go out about once a week (and by go out I mean go somewhere other than school or a coffee shop to do homework). In three weeks, once my finals and SAT IIs are over, I'll stand on my fire escape and shout "let there be light!"

I know I'm overanalytical, too serious, a little dry, and abnormally academic (although the latter doesn't always translate to interest in my classes). I'm also a hermit at the moment, though, and as I get closer to freedom I feel my wild summer self coming back. After taking an SAT II in the morning, I had a good time at Matt's last night celebrating Chloe's birthday, but got sleepy towards the end and curled up with a Calvin & Hobbes to watch some semi-random people play videogames and cuddle with Harry. Sang Be-Bop-a-Loo-La in the dark on my way home and watched a bunch of Seinfeld with my sister before going to bed in an old Anarchy t-shirt with no grades, bloggers, SATs or relationship problems to plague me.

And today it's almost five and I'm still in my pijamas, eating stale cupcakes and trying to catch up on the work I blew off on Saturday.

On the bright side, someone googled me and got this post from last summer and I definately see my current self in it. (I know, I know, I just linked to myself.) I don't feel any different, aside from the fact that my parents aren't trying to kill me now. And I know that this summer will be even better.

At least it's almost over.

2 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger change this later thinks...

Hey, you seem super rad.

keep up the good work.

I have two blog, for pics of Europe and family-style content: http://ohthepromises.blogspot.com

for more honest and comprehensive analysis of life and whatnot
http://movingbackwards.blogspot.com

I will continue to follow your blog, if that's alright with you.

Jeff

6:12 PM  
Blogger Seven thinks...

Be careful in accepting criticism from the "i talk too much" opinions. It is really nothing more than the opinion of a few, reinforced by their lackey commenting "me tooers".
No one really has any business telling you what to write, how to act or if indeed you need to lighten up.
In keeping with the above advice; I have no additional advice.
I do enjoy the writing here. Be yourself and carry on.
Oooops, that was advice wasn't it?

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?