Saturday, May 6

I wrote a fiery post and Harry talked me into taking it down. Anonymous comments are off. By way of clarification, I don't think that the people in my English class are less intelligent or lesser people--I think they don't care, and it makes me sad because I'm very passionate about literature, especially the book we're reading now.

If you don't like me, don't read my blog.

2 New Ideas

New Ideas:
Blogger VVM thinks...

Yeah, the days of Academia are ending.

As for English, I know that most people don't care about it, and that's fine. I for one couldn't care less about biology, for example, and you're making a life out of it. I just wish Friends had at least one advanced, AP or intensive English class for people who were interested. Even foreign literature or some other kind of non-mainstream-curriculum class would be fine. But we have nothing, and I'm going to have to spend another year being bored.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Renata thinks...

I disagree. I think education has become increasingly important, in the US especially, and increasingly "popular" as well. The US doesn't have very many natural resources, it's really our educational system that has allowed us to become such a wealthy country. 25% of Americans go to college, not to mention people come from all over the world to come to our colleges, and in addition to that the educational system is more competitive now than it's ever been before. I really do believe academics are playing a much larger part in everyone's life, maybe because we simply have access to more things. In music, for example, songs aren't just little loves stories anymore, but they're political and they're philosophical (the good ones) and they say something.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Who links to me?